How the Program Works
About My Drinking can help if you are:
- concerned about your level of alcohol use (or that of a friend or loved one) and want to know how it’s affecting your general health, including your body and biochemistry
- thinking of reducing your drinking
- curious about what addiction treatment is like and how it works
- considering a program of abstinence—quitting all alcohol use
- thinking of giving up the use of other drugs, such as prescription medications, Ecstasy, cocaine, heroin, or meth
interested in how peer recovery like Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous help people stay clean and sober
If any of these topics have relevance in your life, you are not alone. Many people want and need help in order to reduce the impact of alcohol and other drugs on their lives. The evidence-based screening questionnaire used in About My Drinking was designed by Evolution Health Services; the information on alcohol and other drug used throughout the rest of this site is adapted from educational and treatment program content developed by Hazelden and the peer recovery programs Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
If you are ready to make a change we will help you create and stick to a plan that works for you. You’ll learn how to build a healthy lifestyle—free from alcohol and other drug use.
Getting started is easy. Just follow these simple steps to create your own anonymous account. After you register you'll have access to all the tools in the program.
- Take the free screening tool
- Choose the track of interest, Learn about Addiction, Help a Loved One, or Ready to Make a Change
- Keep your password in a secure place to come back often